ICC Commercial Strategy Development workshop in Lagos record huge gains.
The International Cricket Council Commercial Strategy and Development workshop ends with huge gains recorded. The seminar which was targeted towards creating a strategic pathway to the growth and development of the sport in Nigeria, took place at 4 points by Sheraton hotel in Lagos from 4th to 6th February 2018.
Day 1 and 2 of the events featured a meeting with Members of the Nigeria Cricket Federation board, Staff and stake holders in the game. Day 3 had in attendance, Sponsors and potential sponsors, members of the media and government officials from the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development.
Areas of discuss and deliberations on a proper development pathway for the NCF over the next 3 years and beyond includes;
- OUR VISION; talked about where we intend to be in the global space of the sport and how we intend to achieve that in the near and distant future.
- CORE PURPOSE; why we wake up every morning and commit ourselves to the growth of the sport and what continually drives us.
- OUR BELIEF; enumerates our realistic targets of what we are capable of achieving as a Federation.
- OUR FEEL; talks about how we want to be perceived by the people around us and what kind of emotions are generated when we talk about the sport.
- OUR FACTS; The history of events and activities that makes us unique as a Federation, for example, construction the first turf wicket pitch in North-west Africa and the oldest sports governing body in Nigeria
- BRAND IDEA; this gives us an overview of the value we place on the NCF.
Vice President of the Federation Mr. Uyi Akpata in his series of remarks, emphasized the importance of the workshop and its timely intervention. He further explained that the strategic growth and development pathway document being produced will be implemented to the latter in order to achieve the vision of the Federation. Mr Uyi Akpata thanked everyone for taking out time to be part of the workshop while encouraging them to work as one entity in promoting and sustaining the sport in Nigeria.
The workshop was delivered by the Regional Director, CSM Sports and Entertainment for the Middle-East and Africa, Mike Davis and Eugene Pevtsov. After 3 days meeting with the various groups, they expressed satisfaction in the level of passion and commitment shown by all, pledging to work with the NCF at every stage of the implementation process.
ICC Regional Development Manager for Africa, Patricia Kambarami who was also in attendance expressed optimism that the workshop will enable the NCF realize its full potentials in developing the sport by becoming one of the biggest Cricket Nations in Africa and the quest of actualizing the ultimate goal of acquiring full ICC Member Status.
The climax of the workshop was the presentation of certificate of participation to members of the various groups by the Vice President of the Federation Mr Uyi Akpata and the ICC Regional Development Manager for Africa, Mrs. Patricia Kambarami.
Vote of thanks was given by the General Manager of the Federation, Mr Emeka Igwilo, to bring the event to a close.
MUSA EHIZOJE BODIE
PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER (NCF)