Nigeria Cricket Federation engages national male, female and U-19 male in camp
The Nigeria Cricket Federation is pleased to inform the general public that the National Men’s team AKA Yellow greens, Under 19 Men’s team (Junior Yellow greens) and the Female National team have been invited to camp ahead of series of international competitions lined up from 3rd quarter 2019 till 1st Quarter of 2020.
The Junior Yellow greens have been in camp in Abuja since 15th July 2019 as part of the official preparation and build up to the ICC Under-19 world cup 2020 in South Africa.
The Yellow greens who are presently in camp in Abuja are also scheduled to take part in the Africa Cricket Association Africa Cup Finals later in September with Kenya as host. You may recall in April 2018 in Lagos, Nigeria and Ghana both qualifies during the West Africa regional tournament ahead of Sierra Leone, Gambia, and Cameroon. Other countries to participate are yet to be confirmed with the proposed tournament aimed at 6 countries involved with 2 representing each zone in Africa..
Also, following the positive outing at the ICC Women’s World Cup Africa Qualifier in May 2019 in Zimbabwe, 24 Female players have been invited to camp in preparation for the return leg of the Bilateral Series between Nigeria and Rwanda which took place earlier this year in January. Nigeria emerged winners of the series after winning 3 games out of the 5 match series. True to the Federation’s commitment to continue to develop Women Cricket in Nigeria and foster diplomatic relationship with other member countries in Africa, Nigeria will attend the return leg of the bilateral series which is expected to take place in Kigali from 2nd – 8th September 2019. The National Women’s camp opened in Lagos on Sunday 4th August 2019.
Thus far in the national camps for the men, Yellow Greens and the Junior Yellow Greens have played 3 friendly matches from a possible 8 with 5 T-20’s and 3 ODI’s lined up. The senior boys have triumphed in all the games played so far but with narrow win margins to indicate that the U-19 team are improving daily ahead of the pre-tournament tours scheduled by the Federation before the 2020 world cup in South Africa.
LIST OF PLAYERS INVITED TO NATIONAL FEMALE CAMP INCLUDE
Edo Lagos State Rivers State
- Abigail Igbobie 7. Vivian Anyanwu 10. Blessing Etim
- Samantha Agazuma 8. Shakirat Oyewole 11. Blessing Frank
- Ogechi George 9. Timi Seaman 12. Salome Enobong Sunday
- Joy Efosa 13. Esther Sandy
- Agatha Obulor
- Favour Esiegbe
Kwara State Kaduna State
- Rachel Samson 17. Blessing Nwobodo
- Taiwo Abdulquadri 18. Mary Desmond
- Kehinde Abdulquadri 19. Augustina Bernard 20. Augustina Bernard
Rivers State Anambra State Ogun State F.C.T
- Fyneface Benibo Fate 22. Sabbatina Izuako 23. Kehinde Bakare 24. Ashafa Modupe
LIST OF PLAYERS INVITED TO MALE CAMP INCLUDE
- Ademola Onikoyi 13. Seun Adeboro
- Isaac Okpe 14. Segun ogundipe
- Leke oyede 15. Sesan Adedeji
- Chimezie Onwuzulike 16. Ayo Mene-Ejegi
- Vincent Adewoye 17. Yusuf Gershon
- Daniel Ajekun 18. Daniel Gim
- Chima Akachukwu 19. Daniel Akposo
- Abiodun Abioye 20. Taimur Bashir
- Henry Okafor 21. Saad Butt
- Seye Olympio 22. Danish Michael
- chukwudi mgbojikwe 23. Mohammed Hashim
- Pankaj Kumar