NCF successfully conducts her annual general and full council meeting 2019
The Nigeria Cricket Federation successfully conducts her Annual General and Full Council meeting for 2019. The meeting took place on the 4th of January 2020 at the Media center, M.K.O Abiola Stadium, Package A’ Abuja.
Earlier in the day, the Board of the Federation had their first Board meeting for the 1st quarter in 2020. All board members were present for the meeting.
The AGM began at 2:00 pm with 24 states in attendance. The meeting proceeded after a quorum had been formed.
AGENDA FOR THE MEETING
- Opening Prayer
- President’s remark
- Reading and adoption of the last minutes
- Matters arising from the minutes
- Reports from Ethics and Disciplinary committee
- Report from General Manager
- Under 19 world cup preparations
- Activities for 2020
Issues and discussions were raised by the council and tended to accordingly by the board. The General Manager gave a brief on all the programs done in 2019 and also proposed program for 2020.
The meeting ended at about 7:30 pm after motion was moved and seconded by members of the council.
At the end of the deliberations, the following resolutions were made:
- The Full Council appreciated the support of the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development in 2019 and commended all the achievements made by the Nigeria Cricket Federation in 2019 especially as it concerns the reception of the Nigeria U19 Cricket Team for the U19 World Cup slated to hold in South Africa from 17th Jan to 9th Feb 2020.
- The Federation also praised the Ministry of Youth and Sports for increasing the Cricket Medal to three to cover the ODI, T20 and 6 aside formats for the National Sports Festival, and ODI and T20 for the National Youth Games.
- While commending the Board for the progress in the facilities, the Full council also cherished the performance of the Board and the successes recorded in all the International and domestic competitions in 2019 and resolved to support every effort to move our Men’s team, Women’s Team and Age Grade competitions forward.
4. The Full Council received and unanimously adopted the Federation’s Audited Financial Statements for the year ended 31st December 2018. The Council also voted to retain the services of Raaji Rasheed and Co for the year ending December 31, 2020
- The Full Council discussed and adopted the International Cricket Council (ICC) Anti-Corruption and Anti-Doping Codes for participants.
- The General Assembly appreciated the computerization of the Federation’s accounting system and resolved that all the 36 States and FCT should prioritize and focus their Cricket Development on areas they have comparative advantage, as those topping the scorecard achievements will be rewarded from 2020.
- The Council approved the proposal by Ihsan Company, a cricket clothing and equipment company to partner with NCF.